Justice Services Branch response to COVID-19
These web pages provide general information about family law in British Columbia. They have information for people considering changes in their family relationships such as separation and divorce, and may be of interest to people thinking of marrying or living with someone in a marriage-like relationship.
British Columbia is working hard to ensure the right information and services are available for people looking for solutions to their family law problems. The quick links below may answer some of your questions. If you do not find what you are looking for below, we encourage you to explore these web pages to learn more about family justice in B.C.
- What is separation and divorce?
- What do I need to know to make decisions about care of and time with children?
- What happens with property, pensions and debt after separation?
- Must I go to court? What options are available to help me?
- What services are available to help me?
- How can I keep my family safe?