What is the Protection Order Registry?
The Protection Order Registry is a confidential database containing all protection orders issued in B.C.
All safety-related orders made in B.C. go to the Protection Order Registry, including:
- Family law protection orders
- Protection orders made to protect children under the Child, Family and Community Service Act
- Criminal Code peace bonds or bail conditions
If you call the police to say your spouse has disobeyed a protection order, the police can:
- Phone a central number at any time (day and night) to get up-to-date information about your order
- Act to enforce the order right away