High-Risk Recognizance Advisory Committee and BC Corrections
The High-Risk Recognizance Advisory Committee determines if high-risk individuals need further court-ordered supervision after they complete their sentences.
The committee is chaired by BC Corrections and includes members from:
- Correctional Service Canada
- BC Prosecution Service
- Policing and Security Branch
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Vancouver Police Department (or other municipal police detachments)
- Abbotsford Police Department
- Victim Safety Unit
If the committee determines an individual requires further supervision, it will:
- Apply to the court for a section 810.1 recognizance order if the individual is at risk of committing a sexual offence against a child under 16, or
- Apply to the court for a section 810.2 recognizance order if the individual is at risk of committing a violent offence, which can include sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon or aggravated sexual assault.