Christmas Tree Permits
Members of the public who wish to cut a Christmas Tree on Crown land for personal use must have a "Free Use Permit for a Christmas Tree" from each Natural Resource District where they intend to cut, signed by the appropriate District Manager or designate.
There is no charge for the permit, however permitees must:
- Carry the permit at all times
- Read and understand the conditions of the permit prior to signing
- Produce the permit at the request of a Natural Resource Officer, Conservation Officer or Peace Officer
Please be aware that some areas of the province may not have Christmas trees available for harvest. In addition, you cannot cut a Christmas tree from, private lands, plantations, research areas, parks, areas adjacent to rivers, streams, lakes or swamps, juvenile-spaced areas and any other areas reserved for a special use.
Each district is operated differently so please contact the individual districts where you plan on cutting for more information, and remember to carry your permit with you at all times.
Permits Listed by District
To determine which district you are interested in a permit from, refer to the district/region map.
- 100 Mile House (PDF)
- Campbell River (online form) | Map (PDF) | Bough Pruning Guidelines | Bough Pruning Map
- Cascades (PDF)
- Cariboo-Chilcotin District (PDF)
- Chilliwack District (no permit available)
- Coast Mountains District (PDF)
- Fort Nelson (no online permit)
- Haida Gwaii (no online permit)
- Mackenzie (PDF)
- Nadina (PDF)
- North Island-Central Coast (online form) | Port Hardy | Port McNeill
- Okanagan (PDF) | Information on Cutting Free Christmas Trees for Personal Use
- Peace (PDF)
- Prince George (PDF)
- Quesnel (PDF)
- Rocky Mountain (PDF)
- Sea to Sky (online form) | iMap Instructions for Christmas Tree Permits
- Selkirk (PDF)
- Sunshine Coast (PDF) | Powell River South | Saltery Bay | Texada | Sechelt North | Sechelt South
- Skeena Stikine (PDF)
- South Island (online form) | Cook Creek | Cowichan Valley | Port Alberni | West Coast | Choose and Cut Operations (PDF)
- Stuart-Nechako (PDF)
- Thompson Rivers District (Includes Headwaters Area) (PDF)