Free Use Permit - Forestry

A free use permit gives the right to remove minor volumes of Crown timber for personal purposes such as:

Contact us for current free use permit templates.

Free Use Permit for First Nation Traditional & Cultural Activities

Free Use Permits for Mining Activities

The Inspector of Mines has the authority to issue free use permits for up to 50m3 associated with the clearing of trees for exploration and mining activities.  If a proponent is completing a notice of work, the free use permit is linked to this electronic application and will be generated as part of that process.  If a person already has a Mines Act permit, they should submit a notice of work to amend the permit to include tree cutting.  If greater than 50 m3 wood is to be harvested a free use permit application should be completed and submitted to the local Natural Resource District office for approval by the District Resource Manager.

Contact us for current free use permits for First Nations traditional and cultural activity templates at