Timber Pricing in B.C. involves setting stumpage rates, measuring the timber and billing for stumpage and forecasting forest revenue.
The Timber Pricing Branch is responsible for translating broad government direction into specific timber pricing policies and procedures and serves as the interface between government, the forest sector and the public on a broad range of matters relating to timber pricing.
Timber pricing involves appraising the value of timber, setting stumpage rates, measuring the timber and billing for stumpage and forecasting forest revenue. Stumpage is the fee paid to the government for timber harvested from Crown land.
- ECAS – Electronic Commerce Appraisal System
- General Appraisal System Application
- Harvest Billing – Scale data management and invoicing tool Public HBS Application and Ministry & Industry HBS Application (registered users only)
- Interior Log Cost Report Tool
- Mark Site Designation
- Scale Control System (SCS) Application
- Waste Application
General Information about timber pricing across the province.
- Coast Timber Pricing
- Interior Timber Pricing
- Controlled Recreation Area Stumpage Rates
- Electronic Commerce Appraisal System
- General Appraisal System
Applying the principles of statistical sampling and mensuration protocols to generate volume estimates for timber cruising, scaling and residue and waste.