Forest Industry Economics
Economic analysis of the British Columbia forest sector, including its current state and trends, can be found in this section.
Key economic indicators that are monitored include:
- Commodity prices
- Housing starts
- Harvest & production
- Employment & investment
The number and operating status of various types of mills, fibre flow analyses and socio-economic analyses are also provided.
Economic State of B.C.'s Forest Sector
The following report examines and monitors how competitive the B.C. forest sector is as measured by key economic indicators such as harvest level, GDP, manufacturing sales, exports, employment, market supply & demand conditions, main destination markets and main products.
B.C. Forest Product Exports
This monthly report summarizes key information about BC’s forest product exports by market and product.
- September 2018 Export Report (PDF)
- August 2018 Export Report (PDF)
- July 2018 Export Report (PDF)
- June 2018 Export Report (PDF)
- May 2018 Export Report (PDF)
- April 2018 Export Report (PDF)
- March 2018 Exports Report (PDF)
- February 2018 Exports Report (PDF)
- January 2018 Exports Report (PDF)
- December 2017 Exports Report (PDF)