B.C. producer and processor resources
Feed BC supports awareness, capacity-building and readiness of B.C.’s agriculture, food and fisheries’ sector to participate in the government food service market and beyond. Feed BC builds information, market studies and guidance about government facility food service needs, and provides targeted training, education and connections to other ministry and government programs and services.
- Selling B.C. Food to B.C.’s Government-Supported Facilities: A Starter Guide for Producers and Processors (PDF, 887 KB)
- Top 20 B.C. Food Opportunities in B.C. Healthcare (PDF, 171 KB)
- Feed BC webinar: Eight Key Success Factors in Food Aggregation
- B.C. Government Healthcare Market Development Strategy (PDF, 563 KB)
- Market Opportunities in the Post Secondary Sector report (PDF, 385 KB)
- Strategic Analysis of Aggregation Initiatives in B.C. (PDF,, 457 KB)
- Value Chain Coordination Study (PDF, 372 KB)
- Okanagan Bioregion Institutional Procurement Study (PDF, 5.8 MB)
- Study on B.C. Food Procurement in B.C.’s Public Post-Secondary Sector (PDF, 583 KB)
Programs, services and training
The ministry supports a variety of programs, services and targeted training to prepare B.C. producers and processors for the institutional food service market and beyond.
- AgriService BC: funding, programs and services to help your business succeed in B.C.
- Agri-Business Planning Program: support for producers and processors through different business planning needs
- B.C. Indigenous Agriculture Development Program: supports Indigenous people’s success in the food and agriculture sector
- B.C. Lean for Food Processors Program: specialized business skill development to enable processors to make more informed decisions, optimize operating procedures, improve production capacity, labour productivity and strengthen their business
- Feed BC business-to-business initiatives including ‘product pitch sessions’ to connect the food needs of public institutions with new B.C. food products and suppliers
- Food safety and traceability: information, training and resources for best practices in food safety and traceability
- Domestic market development: services to inform and prepare farmers, fishers and processors to take advantage of existing and emerging market opportunities
- Agriculture and seafood programs: all current Ministry funding programs