Contact the Residential Tenancy Branch
We've launched a new online application!!
Contact the Residential Tenancy Branch for information, education and dispute resolution services for landlords and tenants.
Our main branch office in Burnaby and telephone contact centre are:
- Open Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Closed weekends and government holidays
On the last Tuesday of each month the Residential Tenancy Branch will be closed from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (including phone and email service). The office will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (including phone and email service).
- Review information on this site to get answers to your questions
- Try our Solution Explorer to find helpful information, resources and template letters specific to your tenancy problem. Find out what you need to resolve your dispute and whether you may have a valid dispute resolution claim or if you need to take additional steps
- Start Solution Explorer
- If you have an open dispute resolution file, have your 6 or 8 digit file number and your Dispute Access Code ready
- Note: Your Dispute Access Code is provided to you when you submit your application or if you are the respondent, in the Notice of Dispute Resolution Proceeding served to you by the other party.
604-660-1020 (Lower Mainland)
1-800-665-8779 (Elsewhere in B.C.)
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before closing so that there’s enough time to process your application or answer questions.
400 - 5021 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 4A5
Community Outreach Offices
Our community outreach offices provide limited services for in person visits. Staff are able to provide information or assist with completing application forms. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before closing so that there’s enough time to answer your questions.
520 Richards Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3A2
Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Closed on the last Tuesday of each month
390 Main Street
Entrance is on Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 2T1
Monday to Friday
12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
No payments: Applications that require payment cannot be submitted at outreach offices.
Submitting evidence: The Richards Street and Four Directions community outreach locations are limited in the amount and type of evidence that can be accepted.
- Do not accept photographs and other digital evidence (e.g. no USB sticks, no DVDs)
- Can only accept evidence submissions that are 20 pages or less (must be on faxable pages that are 8.5" X 11")
New Year's Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, B.C. Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
The content on this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: September 23, 2017.