BC Registries modernization updates
RSVP for upcoming Information Sessions for BC OnLine Clients – June
June 08, 2021
RSVP for upcoming June Information Sessions on how to get set up in the BC Business Registry.
- Logging in with BCeID and 2-Factor Authentication – June 15th, 3:00 - 4:00 PM
- How to setup a team – June 16th, 10:00 - 11:00 AM
- How to create and manage your name requests:
- Session 1: June 16th, 2:30 - 3:30 PM
- Session 2: June 17th, 1:30 - 2:30 PM
- Authentication options for teams – June 23rd, 10:00 - 11:00 AM
- Overview: How to setup an account – June 24th, 10:00 - 11:00 AM
To RSVP, please email BCREG.Engagement@gov.bc.ca and include your name, email address, and organization.
New materials have now been added to the Resources page, including a detailed Information Session schedule.
June 01, 2021 - Deadline to set-up account in the Business Registry extended. Additional resources added.
The June deadline to set-up a new account in the Business Registry has been extended. A new deadline will be announced soon. In the meantime, please use this time to review the videos and resources, and get your account setup and users added. Contact us at BCREG.Engagement@gov.bc.ca if you need support.
New materials have now been added to the Resources page, including:
- Presentation material from the Info Session, May 26, 2021
- Videos and how-to guides (identity verification, account set-up and management)
- Specific information for BCOL users to assist in the transition
A number of additional sessions will be scheduled over the coming weeks and updates will continue to be added. Session details will be emailed soon and posted to this page. Subscribe to updates to stay connected.
February 22, 2021: New payment methods launched
The Business Registry has expanded payment methods to include online banking and pre-authorized debit (PAD).
Clients with basic accounts (pay-as-you-go account for people who file on behalf of their own businesses) can continue to pay with credit card or may pay with online banking through certain financial institutions.
Clients with premium accounts (pre-authorized account for firms and companies who file for a large number of businesses) can continue to pay with BC OnLine draw-down accounts or pay with PAD. When paying with PAD, fees will be automatically deducted from your bank account two days after a filing is completed.
February 16, 2021: New name request (NR) application for BC OnLine users coming spring 2021
A new and contemporary name request application was recently launched by BC Registries and Online Services. BC OnLine users will need to use the new Name Request on the Business Registry to submit and look up name requests soon. Users are now able to login using BC Services Card / Mobile Card or a notary, set up new payment types and manage account access on a self-serve basis!
BC OnLine access to Name Request Online (NRO) will not be shut down for a few months but, to ensure a smooth transition, users are encouraged to set up new accounts today.
- Access the Name Request through the link below and click “Create Account” at the top right of the page
- Login using the BC Services Card / Mobile Card or use a notary to verify your identity
- Select account type (Premium is recommended for BC OnLine users)
- Setup payment methods
- Add team members
Set up a new account for Name Request.
As part of the ongoing BC Registries and Online Services Modernization Initiative, a new Names Request application for clients paying with credit cards is now available. This is the first major release for Name Request with subsequent releases to follow.
In addition to having a more contemporary and modern design, this new application will make picking a name for a business or legal entity faster and easier because it advises if a name request is likely to be approved or not. This is the first major release for Name Request with subsequent releases to follow. More details will be made available in the near future.
We have put together some Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 179KB) to give you more information about the new Name Request application.
The BC Services Card is the preferred option to login for B.C. residents; however, if you are not a resident of B.C. or not able to use a BC Services Card, you can follow these steps to create an account.
- Select the account option for non-residents here
- Visit a local notary to notarize an affidavit that verifies your identity. You can download the affidavit and find more information on what to bring to the notary here
- If you already have a BCeID, login with your existing BCeID. Otherwise register a Basic BCeID account and follow the steps to login on the BC Registries website
- To secure your account, download an authenticator app like Google or Microsoft Authenticator or FreeOTP for your mobile device
- Follow the steps in the Registries website to link the authenticator app on your mobile device with your account
- A one-time code will be sent to your mobile authenticator app. Enter the code in the BC Registries website to complete login
- Complete the steps to setup your account, including uploading the notarized affidavit and entering the contact information of the notary
- Once complete, submit your request for an account to BC Registries staff for review
- BC Registries staff will review your account request which can take 3-5 business days
- Once your request has been reviewed, you will be notified by email
May 20, 2020: Introducing a new payment method for the Business Registry filings
BC OnLine prime contact users can add the BC OnLine deposit account payment information to pay for the Business Registry filings.
This is an alternative payment method to using a credit card and a convenient way to pay for a high-volume of filings for multiple businesses.
BC Online prime contact users have the system access to set up this payment method and manage user access for the account. Click here for more information on how to invite users to an account and manage user access.
How do I change my account so I can pay using my BC OnLine deposit account?
- Login to the Business Registry
- Click on your name, located on the top right-hand menu
- Click Account Info
- Click Change account type
- Click on the Premium Account option - I make more than 10 transaction per month
- The BC Online Prime Contact will then proceed to enter the Prime contact User ID and password
BC OnLine pre-funded accounts take 3-5 days to set-up and can be funded with a variety of payment methods, including pre-authorized debit and online banking.
Additional payment types will continue to be added to the Business Registry over time.