Government of B.C.

Before you start

You will need:

Apply for this licence early to avoid unnecessary delays.


A manufacturer licence allows you to make wine, beer, cider and spirits. You can also:

  • Have a dedicated sampling area for the public 
  • Provide guided tours to patrons and serve them samples on the tour
  • Sell products to licensees through your manufacturing agreement with the Liquor Distribution Branch
  • Market and promote your products off-site to licensees and the public


You must have the equipment to produce a minimum of 4,500 litres on-site each year. This process must include fermentation and at least one other step such as: blending, crushing, filtering, aging, carbonation, or packaging.


You must own and/or rent the equipment necessary to produce on-site. If you rent, you must have a minimum one-year lease.


You must own and/or rent the equipment necessary to produce on-site. If you rent, you must have a minimum one-year lease.


With this licence you are limited to the packaging, bottling, blending, and flavouring of liquor on behalf of a licensed winery, brewery, or distillery. The product is always owned by the manufacturer and must be immediately returned to the owner once packaging is complete. The packaged product must not be stored on-site at the co-packing facility at any time.

This licence does not authorize fermentation, distilling, sampling by patrons, or direct sale of liquor. You are responsible for ensuring the other party is also licensed by the Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch.


Winery: $550 + first year licensing fee (prorated up to $550)

Brewery: $550 + first year licensing fee (prorated up to $1100)

Distillery: $550 + first year licensing fee (prorated up to $1100)

The fees are prorated. The amount you pay depends on

  • How many months remain from the time your licence is issued until March 31

Terms and conditions

Review the Manufacturer Licence Terms and Conditions and guidelines for liquor advertising and promotion to understand the terms and conditions of your licence and endorsements.



Check requirements for your business type

The applicant needs to submit documents based on their business type: 

The business types include:

  • Sole proprietorship
  • Private corporation
  • Partnership
  • Public corporation
  • Society or non-profit corporation
  • Other applicant types

Check below to see what's required for your business type. 

Show 6 items

Gather necessary documents

  • Floor plan with
    • On-site store and sampling area
    • Entrances, stairs
    • Equipment
  • Site map with
    • Buildings and their uses
    • Other liquor licenses and businesses operating at the same site
    • Vineyards, orchards, crops, bee hives
    • Roads and parking areas
  • Proposed sign (name and logo)


Customize your licence

An endorsement allows you to use your facility for different purposes. You can add the following to your licence:

The first three endorsements need to be approved by your local government or Indigenous Nation office. This will mean longer processing times.

 Except for picnic area endorsements which are free, endorsements increase the renewal fee of your manufacturer licence. 

Show 5 items

Complete online application

Your application must include:

  • Required business documents
  • Personal History Summary forms
  • One scaled floor plans
  • Proposed signage
  • Site plan
  • Payment

You must include a Personal History Summary as part of your application package.

As part of the Personal History Summary, attach the following documents, if required:

You must apply through the liquor and cannabis licensing portal.

Apply online


Get Approval in Principle (AIP) and a sales agreement

The LCRB will review your application and, if eligible, issue Approval in Principle.

The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) will also be notified of the AIP and will work with you to set up a manufacturer sales agreement.


Arrange a final inspection

When your construction is complete, your equipment is in place and you are ready to begin manufacturing, contact your local Liquor Inspector for a final inspection. At this stage in your application, you must have a Federal Excise Tax Licence prior to the final inspection.

If the inspection goes well, you may pay a (prorated) annual licence fee, and your manufacturer licence will be issued with an expiry date of March 31.

Amend your licence

If you already have a licence and want to make changes, find out how to .


Contact the client support team.

In Victoria Office:

In Canada Toll Free:

Liquor licences: