Liquor Regulation & Licensing
The Liquor Control and Licensing Branch (LCLB) regulates restaurants, bars, pubs, liquor retailers, manufacturers and special events. We encourage voluntary compliance to enable a vibrant liquor industry while minimizing health and social harms.
The Liquor Control and Licensing Branch supervises over 10,000 licensed establishments and over 25,000 licensed events per year in the province of B.C.
Progressive liquor laws for a modern B.C.
- Promote safe establishments and safe communities
- Minimize the health and social harms of alcohol
- Take enforcement action where necessary
- Consider impacts for all stakeholders
- Modernize liquor laws/policy/tools to meet the needs of citizens
- Help licensees succeed
- Enable a vibrant liquor industry
As we implement our strategic priorities of modernization, supporting our people and service delivery, we will:
- Work collaboratively and transparently with colleagues and stakeholders
- Communicate openly
- Foster an environment of trust, respect and support
- Accept responsibility for our actions
- Seek solutions - strive to be more open, less risk averse, and more experimental in our approach
- Adopt and apply innovative approaches to all of our work, and
- Model the B.C. Public Service values: Integrity, Curiosity, Service, Passion, Teamwork, Accountability and Courage