Transcripts and post-secondary selection

How and when your transcript information is sent will depend on the post-secondary institutions and the options you are able to select in the StudentTranscripts service

Last updated: March 31, 2021

On this page:

Colleges and universities that can receive (and request updates) your transcript electronically

Many B.C. colleges and universities can now access an electronic copy of your current official transcript as soon as you place an order. If you are a grade 12 student and select "Send Updates," they will also be able to request ongoing updates to your transcript until the date you enter (the default date is one year). This includes any interim marks and registered courses that your school has already submitted.

  • Camosun College
  • Capilano University
  • Coast Mountain College
  • College of New Caledonia
  • College of the Rockies
  • Douglas College
  • Emily Carr University of Art & Design
  • Justice Institute of British Columbia
  • Kwantlen Polytechnic University
  • Langara College
  • Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
  • North Island College
  • Northern Lights College
  • Okanagan College 
  • Simon Fraser University
  • Thompson Rivers University
  • University of British Columbia
  • University of the Fraser Valley
  • University of Northern BC
  • University of Victoria
  • Vancouver Community College
  • Vancouver Island University
  • OUAC manages applications and accepts student transcript orders on behalf of Ontario Universities. If you have applied through OUAC, please select "Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC)" when placing your order
  • If the program to which you are applying is not managed through OUAC and you need to send your transcript to the university. Please choose one of the "Other Delivery Options" and enter the recipient's information (e.g. mailing address or email)

ImportantOntario Colleges Application Service (OCAS) is not the same organization as the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre. OCAS receives final marks in July by regular mail service.

Institutions that can receive electronic versions of your interim marks in May and final marks in July

Grade 12 students can place a pre-order for one-time transfers of interim or final marks. To place a pre-order, select "Send Interim and Final Marks when they become available:"

  • Transcripts with any interim marks will be sent through a one-time data transfer in early-May (if your pre-order was placed before April 23rd).
  • Transcripts with final marks will be sent through a one-time data transfer at the end of July (if your pre-order was placed before mid-July). Weekly data transfers for any transcript changes also take place throughout August.

Important: If your select "Send my printed transcript now," the current version of your transcript will be sent by regular mail after you place an order.

  • British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
  • Corpus Christi College
  • Quest University
  • Royal Roads University
  • Selkirk College
  • University Canada West
  • University of Alberta
  • University of Calgary


Institutions that can receive printed versions of your final marks in July

All other transcript orders not listed above are sent by regular mail service (Canada Post).

Grade 12 students can place a pre-order for their final, official transcript to be sent by mail to these institutions at the end of July. To place a pre-order, select "Send Final Marks when they become available."

If you select "Send my printed transcript now," the current version of your transcript will be sent by regular mail after you place an order.

If you can't find your institution

Here are some tips and steps to take if you are having trouble finding your post-secondary institution in the drop-down order list.

  • See more about applying through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre
  • If your post-secondary institution is outside of Canada, be sure to select the "International Institutions" filter
  • If your post-secondary institution isn’t available for selection, please send an email to We will review your request and determine if the institution is eligible to be added. This may take some time, so if you are in a hurry, you can also consider one of the Other Delivery Options below

Other delivery options

Send an Electronic Transcript (by PDF download)

You can send your current transcript in a password protected PDF to any email address you enter. Not all PSIs will accept the password protected PDF, so please review the instructions carefully.

A $10 fee applies to all PDF orders.

Send a printed transcript by mail (by mail)

You can also send your current transcript by mail to any address you enter by selecting "Send a Printed Transcript (by mail)".

If you recently graduated or completed a grades 10-12 course within the past six months, the $10 fee is waived for your first order.