Transcripts and post-secondary selection
How and when your transcript information is sent will depend on the post-secondary institutions and the options you are able to select in the StudentTranscripts service
Last updated: March 29, 2022
On this page:
- Colleges and universities that can receive (and request updates) your transcript electronically
- Institutions that can receive electronic versions of your interim marks in May and final marks in July
- Institutions that receive printed versions of your final marks in July
- If you can't find your institution
- Other delivery options
- Official transcripts
Many B.C. colleges and universities can now access an electronic copy of your current official transcript as soon as you place an order. If you are a grade 12 student and select "Send Updates," they will also be able to request ongoing updates to your transcript until the date you enter (the default date is one year). This includes any interim marks and registered courses that your school has already submitted.
- Camosun College
- Capilano University
- Coast Mountain College
- College of New Caledonia
- College of the Rockies
- Douglas College
- Emily Carr University of Art & Design
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Langara College
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- North Island College
- Northern Lights College
- Okanagan College
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Northern BC
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Island University
- Alberta University of the Arts
- Ambrose University
- Athabasca University
- Bow Valley College
- Burman University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- Keyano College
- Lakeland College
- Lethbridge College
- MacEwan University
- Medicine Hat College
- Mount Royal University
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- NorQuest College
- Northern Lakes College
- Northwestern Polytechnic
- Olds College
- Portage College
- Red Deer Polytechnic
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- St. Mary's University
- The King's University
- OUAC manages applications and accepts student transcript orders on behalf of Ontario Universities. If you have applied through OUAC, please select "Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC)" when placing your order
- If the program to which you are applying is not managed through OUAC and you need to send your transcript to the university. Please choose one of the "Other Delivery Options" and enter the recipient's information (e.g. mailing address or email)
Important: Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS) is not the same organization as the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre. OCAS receives final marks in July by regular mail service.
Institutions that can receive electronic versions of your interim marks in May and final marks in July
Grade 12 students can place a pre-order for one-time transfers of interim or final marks. To place a pre-order, select "Send Interim and Final Marks when they become available:"
- Transcripts with any interim marks will be sent through a one-time data transfer in early-May (if your pre-order was placed before April 23rd).
- Transcripts with final marks will be sent through a one-time data transfer at the end of July (if your pre-order was placed before mid-July). Weekly data transfers for any transcript changes also take place throughout August.
Important: If you select "Send my printed transcript now," the current version of your transcript will be sent by Canada Post regular mail after you place an order.
All other Post-Secondary Institutions (PSI) not listed above are sent transcripts by Canada Post regular mail service
Grade 12 students can place a pre-order for their final, official transcript to be sent by mail to these institutions at the end of July. To place a pre-order, select “Send Final Marks when they become available.”
If you select “Send my printed transcript now,” the current version of your transcript will be sent by Canada Post regular mail after you place an order.
Here are some tips and steps to take if you are having trouble finding your post-secondary institution in the drop-down order list.
- See more about applying through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.
- If your post-secondary institution is outside of Canada, be sure to select the "International Institutions" filter.
- Please use the full name of a post-secondary institution when searching. Acronyms, i.e. SFU or VIU will not yield results.
- If your post-secondary institution isn’t available for selection, please send an email to StudentTranscripts@gov.bc.ca. We will review your request and determine if the institution is eligible to be added. Otherwise, please consider one of the Other Delivery Options below, if time is a consideration.
Send a digital copy of your Official Transcript as a PDF, to a designated email address
You can send your official transcript in a password protected PDF to any email address you enter. Not all PSIs will accept the password protected PDF, so please review the instructions carefully.
A $10 fee applies to all PDF orders.
Send a printed transcript by Canada Post regular mail
You can also send your official transcript by mail to any address you enter by selecting "Send a Printed Transcript (by mail)".
If you recently graduated or completed a grade 10-12 course within the past six months, the $10 fee is waived for your first order.
The unofficial Transcript is shown during the ordering process, so you can review and ensure all course and grade information is correct prior to completing your request. Once you have placed your order on the StudentTranscripts Service (STS) website, your Official Transcript will be sent from the Ministry directly to your recipient.