First Aid for Supervisors
Supervisors must ensure first aid services are provided at their workplace.
They may also assign an employer representative to so do. Supervisor roles include
- Completing a first aid needs assessment
- Providing required first aid equipment, facilities, supplies and services
- Ensuring employee awareness about the first aid services and procedures
- Ensuring first aid attendants' schedules permit adequate coverage during regular work hours
- Establishing adequate first aid attendant backup at all times when necessary
- Ensuring first aid attendants have been trained, tested and re-certified as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Determining that the communication methods for summoning a first aid attendant are effective and tested at least annually
- Ensuring that the appropriate financial allowance level is paid to Level 2 or 3 first aid attendants. Read more at Licenses and Certificates
- Consulting with the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee on first aid services and issues
The Learning Centre offers occupational health and safety orientation for line managers and supervisors in both online and instructor-led formats. Register at the Learning System.