Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program - British Columbia
Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program - British Columbia cost-shares infrastructure investments between the governments of Canada and British Columbia, local governments and other partners.
The Canadian government will invest $3.917 billion in B.C. infrastructure over 10 years in five key areas:
- Covid-19 Resilience Infrastructure Stream - Intake Closed
- Community, Culture and Recreation Infrastructure - Intake Closed
- Rural and Northern Communities Infrastructure - Intake Closed
- Green Infrastructure
- Public Transit
Infrastructure plays a key role in our vision for the future of our country. Canada and B.C. signed the Integrated Bilateral Agreement for the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP) in 2018. An amendment to the agreement was signed in 2020 to create the Covid-19 Resilience Infrastructure Stream.
The program invests in infrastructure that
- creates economic growth
- sustains well-paying jobs
- builds inclusive communities
- supports a low-carbon, green economy