Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program - British Columbia
Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program - British Columbia cost-shares infrastructure investments between the governments of Canada and British Columbia, local governments and other partners.
The Canadian government will invest $3.917 billion in B.C. infrastructure over 10 years in four key areas:
- Community, Culture and Recreation Infrastructure - Open Intake until October 1, 2020
- Rural and Northern Communities Infrastructure - Open Intake until October 22, 2020
- Green Infrastructure
- Public Transit
Infrastructure plays a key role in our vision for the future of our country. Canada and B.C. signed the Integrated Bilateral Agreement for the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP) in 2018.
The program invests in infrastructure that
- creates economic growth
- sustains well-paying jobs
- builds inclusive communities
- supports a low-carbon, green economy