Aviation Infrastructure Funding
The British Columbia Air Access Program (BCAAP) provides capital funding to assist B.C. aviation facilities, including airports and water aerodromes, with improvements to their infrastructure. Through this cost-sharing program, facility operators can invest in safety and infrastructure enhancements that help strengthen local, regional and provincial economies.
BCAAP encourages funding partnerships with local, regional and federal governments as well as agencies and private sector organizations.
Following a review of the Program, which included a recent survey of eligible applicants, amendments have been made. Please carefully review the updated program guidelines prior to completing the revised application form. Enhancements include:
- A simplified application submission process (by e-mail)
- Expanded environmental focus reflected in new application questions
- An eligibility focus on facilities serving less than 1M scheduled passengers annually
- A requirement that in order to apply an applicant must not have any current open BCAAP-partnered projects that are more than 2 years old
- Blended projects – i.e., rehabilitation projects with new operational functionality – can be funded to a 60% BCAAP share
For more information on applying to BCAAP, including submission requirements, please see the links below: