Funding, engagement and highway event permits

Funding programs help communities expand, maintain and upgrade infrastructure and promote economic growth. Through engagement, British Columbians can shape the future of transportation in B.C. The Province also accepts applications for filming, special events, cattle drives, as well as development or subdivision on or near provincial highways.

Highway Use Permits

A highway use permit is needed to create access to a highway, to construct, repair or maintain works, or hold an event on or along a provincial highway right-of-way.

The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure manages provincial highways and has authority to make decisions about what kinds of activities may take place on highway right-of-ways.

Explore Within

Funding & Grants

Transportation and infrastructure community funding opportunities help communities and groups expand, maintain and upgrade infrastructure and promote employment and economic growth.