Property taxes on treaty land

If you live on treaty land, the First Nation may require you to pay property taxes. You will receive your property tax notice from and pay your property taxes to the First Nation.

You are not eligible for the provincial property tax deferment and home owner grant programs when you pay property taxes for your principal residence to a First Nation. However, the First Nation may offer its own home owner grant program.

If you have questions about your property taxes, contact the First Nation.