Do I have to take Parenting After Separation?

If you are required to take Parenting After Separation for Indigenous Families or Parenting After Separation, court staff will schedule a provincial court appearance only after you or your former spouse has filed a Certificate of Attendance. Both you and your former spouse must complete one of the Parenting After Separation courses before your first court appearance.

In some cases, you are automatically exempted from the requirement to complete a course. For example, if:

Exemption forms and additional information are available from your local provincial courtFamily Justice Centre or Justice Access Centre.