Order a court transcript
Access to transcripts of a court proceeding by the public is determined by policies set by the Court of Appeal, BC Supreme Court and the Provincial Court. The policies provide direction on access to criminal, family and civil court records.
For more information on records access policies please refer to access to court records.
How to order a transcript that is publically accessible
Publically accessible transcripts of court proceedings can be prepared, upon request, for a fee.
To order a transcript, contact:
- J.C. WordAssist Ltd. for
- Vancouver Island, Robson Square, Vancouver Provincial, North Vancouver, Vancouver Coastal circuit locations, and all locations in Northern and Interior regions
- All Supreme Court proceedings across B.C.
- Verbatim Words West Ltd. for
- Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, New Westminster, Richmond and Surrey (Provincial Court proceedings only)
You will need to know the following information when ordering a transcript:
- Whether the proceedings took place in Supreme Court or Provincial Court
- The date of the proceeding
- The court file number
Information for contractors
If you are a transcription company or authorized court reporter, find more information about the policies and forms on the transcriber’s forms and information page.