Order a court transcript
Access to transcripts of a court proceeding by the public is determined by policies set by the Court of Appeal, BC Supreme Court and the Provincial Court. The policies provide direction on access to criminal, family and civil court records.
For more information on records access policies please refer to access to court records.
How to order a transcript that is publicly accessible
Publicly accessible transcripts of court proceedings can be prepared, upon request, for a fee.
To order a transcript, contact:
- J.C. WordAssist Ltd. for
- Vancouver Island, Robson Square, Vancouver Provincial, North Vancouver, Vancouver Coastal circuit locations, and all locations in Northern and Interior regions
- Any Supreme Court Criminal or Supreme Court Civil proceedings across B.C.
- Verbatim Words West Ltd. for
- Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, New Westminster, Richmond and Surrey (Provincial Court proceedings only)
- Authorized Reporters for
- Any Supreme Court Civil proceeding across B.C.
- Supreme Court Criminal and Supreme Court Civil proceedings where the authorized reporter attends the proceeding in person
You will need to know the following information when ordering a transcript:
- Whether the proceedings took place in Supreme Court or Provincial Court
- The date of the proceeding
- The court file number
Information for contractors
If you are a transcription company or authorized court reporter, find more information about the policies and forms on the transcriber’s forms and information page.