SPAR quick start tutorial
The purpose of this tutorial is to make sure you get your bearings in working with SPAR. You will learn how to use the most commonly employed features in SPAR through information and demonstrations on basic tasks, including tips and troubleshooting help.
On this page:
For more specific information, use the online Help Guide.
The 4 modules within this tutorial provide background and reflect the tasks you'll do in SPAR. To begin the tutorial select Module 1: Getting Started below. If you've already used SPAR and only need a refresher, click on the module for the specific feature you need to learn about.
- Module 1 - Getting Started: An introduction to SPAR
- Module 2 - Search: Learn how to conduct common searches
- Module 3 - Seedling Request: Learn how to add, approve, delete and cancel a seedling request
- Module 4 - Report: Learn how to request and download common reports
- Module 5 - Nursery: Learn how to run nursery reports, update latest sow dates and reduce grams for a seedling request
- Module 6 - Orchard: Learn how to run parent tree extracts, update parent tree composition in orchards and register seedlots
Watch visual demonstrations for the following items in SPAR: