SPAR quick start tutorial
The purpose of this tutorial is to make sure you get your bearings in working with SPAR. You will learn how to use the most commonly employed features in SPAR through information and demonstrations on basic tasks, including tips and troubleshooting help.
On this page:
For more specific information, use the online Help Guide.
The 4 modules within this tutorial provide background and reflect the tasks you'll do in SPAR. To begin the tutorial select Module 1: Getting Started below. If you've already used SPAR and only need a refresher, click on the module for the specific feature you need to learn about.
- Module 1 - Getting Started: An introduction to SPAR
- Module 2 - Search: Learn how to conduct common searches
- Module 3 - Seedling Request: Learn how to add, approve, delete and cancel a seedling request
- Module 4 - Report: Learn how to request and download common reports
The Seed Planning and Registry System (SPAR) provides nursery users with online access to the provincial registry for forest tree seed, a gene resource inventory management tool, and a seedling ordering system for reforestation needs.
Watch visual demonstrations for the following items in SPAR:
- Seedling Requests
- Updating Nursery Sowing Dates