Seed Planning & Registry Application (SPAR)
SPAR is a web-based information management system. It provides clients with direct online access to:
- A Provincial Registry of Forest Tree Seed and;
- A comprehensive seedling request system for meeting annual reforestation needs.
- Tree seed and vegetative lot registry
Enter and maintain seed and vegetative lot information and queries.
Seedling requests, direct seed withdrawals, cone and seed processing, testing, and other services. Requests are entered through SPAR and downloaded to the Cone and Seed Processing System (CONSEP) at the Tree Seed Centre. SPAR guides the user through selection of a suitable lot in a request using the transfer rules found in the Chief Forester’s Standards for Seed Use.
Generate SPAR reports in pdf format via submission screens. Data extracts can also be produced in MS Excel (csv) format.
SPAR Training and Supplemental Information
SPAR Training Videos
- The SPAR Online Help Guide offers comprehensive help with screens and functions in the SPAR application;
- This guide can be accessed on any page of SPAR for context-sensitive help by clicking on the HELP icon:
The SPAR Quick Start Tutorial is a useful way to quickly "get up to speed" on all functions for first-time SPAR users. The tutorial can be completed in one sitting, or one module at a time.
To access the SPAR Quick Start Tutorial, click here.
The SPAR Reports Matrix describes groups of reports and will help you determine which report, in that grouping, might fit your needs. Report groupings are:
- Seedlot Reports
- Vegetative Lot Reports
- Seedling Request Reports
- Extract Reports
- Print Reports
The seedlot selection tool is a web application that clients can use to find seedlots that fit using CBST or to see the areas in which a seedlot can be used. Please refer to the instructions tab to learn how to properly use and interpret the tool. There are currently two versions:
1. Version 4 of the Seedlot Selection Tool is a basic version which allows users to search for seedlots or look up areas of use for a seedlot.
2. Version 6 of the Seedlot Selection Tool has increased functionality in which users are able to upload a zipped shapefile of their cut blocks to the map.