Mackenzie Land & Resource Management Plan
The Mackenzie Land and Resource Management Plan (LRMP) covers a sparsley populated area of 6.4 million hectares in the north-central interior of B.C. The planning area boundaries of the Mackenzie LRMP coincide with the Mackenzie Natural Resource District. The plan was approved in 2000.
This consensus based plan is built on the principles of integrated land use planning and provides land use objective s strategies on Crown land in seven resource management zones (RMZ):
- Parks and protected Areas
- Settlement / agriculture
- Enhanced resource management
- General resource management
- Special resource management
- Special resource management for wildlands
- Muskwa-Kechika management area addition
Learn more about sustainable resource management planning in the Mackenzie area.
- Socio-Economic and Environmental Assessment of the Mackenzie Draft Recommended Land and Resource Management Plan: Part 1 – Socio-Economic Assessment (PDF)
- Socio-Economic and Environmental Assessment of the Mackenzie Draft Recommended Land Resource Management Plan: Part 2 – Environmental Assessment (PDF)