2021 Flood Recovery Program for Food Security
Applications for the 2021 Flood Recovery Program are closed.
The 2021 Canada-British Columbia Flood Recovery Program for Food Security responded to impacts on livestock and crops by providing assistance to help offset costs of returning to production.
Last updated: February 8, 2023
On this page:
How the program worked
The 2021 Canada-British Columbia Flood Recovery Program for Food Security (the program) provided one-time funding for:
- Uninsurable infrastructure repair and cleanup costs
- Return to production expenses
Eligible farmers impacted by flooding could apply for funding. Damage assessment specialists were available for individualized support.
The program was not meant to compensate for farm income losses and does not reduce the need to purchase commercial insurance for farm assets and infrastructure. Insurance and income protection offers a range of programs designed to help manage agricultural production risks.
The program was open to agricultural producers who were impacted by 2021 flooding and have their main farmstead in B.C.
- Read the full terms and conditions (PDF, 265KB)
Schedules of damages and losses
Applications for the 2021 Flood Recovery Program are now closed.
Complete all schedules that apply and include them in your application package.
- Loss Schedule L1: Flooding Clean-up (PDF, 282KB)
- Loss Schedule L2: Repair of Uninsurable Farm Structure & Farm Production Equipment (PDF, 277KB)
- Loss Schedule L3: Rental of Alternative Facility or Pasture (PDF, 241KB)
- Loss Schedule L4: Extraordinary Transportation Costs (PDF, 243KB)
- Loss Schedule L5: Lost Feed for Breeding Livestock (PDF, 237KB)
- Loss Schedule L6: Feeding Due to Marketing Delay (PDF, 239KB)
- Loss Schedule L7: Veterinarian Costs (PDF, 243KB)
- Loss Schedule L8: Uninsurable Breeding Livestock Mortality (PDF, 244KB)
- Loss Schedule L9: Perennial Crops and Crop Land (PDF, 243KB)
- Loss Schedule L10: Hives & Extraordinary Bee Mortality (PDF, 247KB)
I need help
Business Risk Management Branch staff are available if you have questions about the program.