More strata resources and FAQs
There are many sources of information for strata council members, strata owners and residents.
Listed below are some websites with FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) about strata living in British Columbia:
- VISOA (the Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association) is a non-profit organization of strata owners serving strata owners. It has a helpful website including a FAQ section.
- CHOA (the Condominium Home Owners’ Association) is a non-profit strata association with a very helpful website including indexed archives of hundreds of “Condo Smarts” newspaper columns written in reply to questions from strata owners and councils.
- Many strata residents and strata council members find it useful to review Mike Mangan's book "The Condominium Manual" which explains BC strata law for the lay person, note it was published in 2011.
- The Licensing and Consumer Services branch of BC Housing (formerly the Homeowner Protection Office) has good materials on repairs and maintenance including Maintenance Matters bulletins and videos.
- The Strata Property Group at the Vancouver law firm Clark Wilson LLP has an extensive strata FAQ section.
Find it fast: a handy site map listing all the strata housing pages and subpages.
The information on this website about strata housing is provided for the user’s convenience as a basic starting point; it is not a substitute for getting legal advice. Learn more about the site’s purpose and limits. The content on this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: January 14, 2021.