Opening or Operating an Assisted Living Residence
There are specific legal requirements for opening and operating an assisted living residence. Find the resources you need to register and operate an assisted living residence here.
- Role and Obligations
- Opening a Residence and Registration
- Operator Responsibilities
- Tools and Resources
Check out the interactive online course that can provide you with information about the role and responsibilities of operating and assisted living residence. This interactive online course provides you with information about:
- the laws and regulations that apply to the operation of an assisted living residence,
- the three classes of assisted living in B.C.,
- the roles and responsibilities of an operator and their staff,
- the rights of residents, and
- operating a successful assisted living residence.
See videos of real people, both residents and staff, and test your understanding about assisted living with the knowledge check questions.