Monthly enrolment reporting

Funding payments are based on total monthly enrolment. You will need to report:

  • The total number of enrolled spaces (not attendance)
  • The total drop-in spaces that are in a non-enrolled space
  • The total number of vacancies (the number of available child care spaces)

If you have an upcoming licence or service details change, or are expecting a new licence, contact the program before submitting your next enrolment report or monthly ECE report. If funding has already been paid to your organization for the month in which your changes occur, additional funding will start the following month.

There are two options for submitting your monthly enrolment reports:

Complete your report based on a projection of enrolment for the following month. Using this method means that you will receive payment sooner than if you wait to submit an enrolment report based on exact numbers.

You can submit a projection of enrolment from the 15th of the month before your reporting month to the end of the reporting month. For example, submit a report on July 15 that includes a projection of August enrolment.

Once the month ends, you can submit an adjustment report to reconcile the numbers from your projection.

You have until the last day of the sixth month after the applicable reporting month to submit your report and related adjustments. For example, submit a report for April by October 31.



  • Report monthly enrolment, not attendance
  • Only report for the days the facility is open and providing child care services
  • Only count each child once per day

How to submit reports

Use the Child Care Web Application (CCWA) to create, save, edit, view and submit reports. The web app will calculate your monthly payment amount.

Follow these steps to access the web app and complete the process:

Step 1: Register for a BCeID if you do not already have one.

Step 2: Contact the CCOF program for access to the CCWA.

Step 3: Complete a Direct Deposit Application Form (PDF) to have your payments deposited directly into your bank account or if you need to make changes to your current direct deposit information.

Step 4: Log in to CCWA and enter your enrolment report. Submit an enrolment report for the upcoming month as early as the 15th of the prior month. Providers submitting claims between the 15th and 20th of each month will receive payment before the first of the following month.

Once your report is approved, a monthly payment will be automatically deposited into your bank account. Processing time for payment approval is usually seven to ten business days, depending on the number of reports received in a month. Your payment may be delayed if your report requires clarification or correction.

Keep your records

Remember to keep a record of:

  • The full name, date of birth and date of enrolment for each child
  • A monthly schedule of confirmed enrolled spaces
  • Daily attendance records (arrival and departure)

You may need to provide records for a review or audit, so make sure to keep all original documents that support the enrolment claims you make for two years after the date of a claim. This includes registration and attendance forms. In the event of a review or audit, child care providers must have consent from parents to share information about their family.

Make corrections or adjustments

You can correct or adjust your monthly enrolment by submitting a new report for the same month. This helps to fix errors or adjust projected enrolment numbers. A payment adjustment will be calculated and the difference will either be paid to you or deducted from your next payment.

If you notice something that needs to be adjusted before submitting your report, you can edit or delete the current enrolment report online before submitting it. If the report is submitted but not approved, please contact CCOF. They will reject the report so that you can submit a new one.

You have until the last day of the sixth month after the applicable reporting month to submit your report and related adjustments. For example, submit a report for April by October 31st.

As a reminder, you must notify the Ministry of an overpayment of funding, even if the reporting deadline has passed.

Overnight care

If you provide overnight care for a child, make the claim for the day the child begins care. For example, if the child begins receiving care at 11 pm on March 4, claim in the “over four hours” column of the enrolment report on March 4. The overnight care would not be claimed on the following day, March 5.

Children living in a care provider’s home

The number of children under 12 years old who are living in your home are counted in the maximum capacity for your licence. That means you do not need to include them on your Monthly Enrolment Report. Children who are 12 years and older are no longer counted in the maximum capacity for your licence.