Apply for or Renew Child Care Operating Funding
Funding for CCOF Base Funding, the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative (CCFRI), and/or Early Childhood Educator Wage Enhancement (ECE-WE) is provided through a Funding Agreement, which can start any time during the funding term.
Licensed child care providers new to Child Care Operating Funding (CCOF) must apply for funding. Current providers must renew their Funding Agreement each term.
Steps to Apply or Renew Funding
Funding is eligible from the 1st of the month in which a complete application is received. As funding is provided on a monthly basis, facility licenses with an effective date after the 5th of the month are eligible for funding beginning the following month.
Online fillable form:
- Family Child Care Providers Application Form (PDF) - Family, In-Home or Multi-Age Licence for eight or fewer children in a personal residence
- Group Child Care Providers Application Form (PDF) - Group or Multi-Age Licence for more than eight children, or if the facility is not in a personal residence
If the application is approved, the provider will receive a draft Funding Agreement and the next step will be to complete a Program Confirmation Form.
To complete the form, providers will need:
- Primary Business BCeID
- CCOF Organization ID (The first 5 numbers after F or G (e.g. F-00000-00000)
- A scanned copy or photograph of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act Facility Licence for each facility listed in Schedule A of the funding agreement
If opting into CCFRI, providers will also need:
- Full-time parent fees for the Funding Agreement term. New applicants to the CCFRI will also need previous parent fees.
- These are the highest fees charged to new parents for full-time care.
- Full-time is considered more than four hours per day, five days per week.
- If no full-time care is offered at the facility, please contact us for assistance.
- Facility closure dates, if the facility charges parent fees while closed (excluding stat holidays).
Log onto the Child Care Web Application to access the Program Confirmation Form from the home page.
While some sections of the 2020/21 Funding Agreement are specific to the CCFRI and ECE-WE, the rest of the agreement applies to all providers receiving CCOF Base Funding. Terms used throughout the agreement are defined in Section 1.
Key sections from the Funding Agreement are highlighted below:
CCOF Base Funding
Section 3 outlines requirements to receive CCOF Base Funding, including a new requirement for 2020/21 that providers make every reasonable effort to provide an inclusive child care environment. Be sure to review the requirement to report changes to licence and service details in Section 3.1 (c) as these details directly affect the amount of funding providers receive.
Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative
Section 4 outlines requirements to participate in CCFRI, including what information must be shared with parents and staff once approved. Be sure to review the obligations around increases to discounted fees in Section 4.1 (e) as this is new for the 2020/21 Funding Term. Section 11 outlines what information the Ministry can share publicly, including each facility’s approved parent fees, which will be posted on our website. For more information about what is considered a Parent Fee Increase, see the definition in Section 1.
Early Childhood Educator Wage Enhancement
Section 5 outlines requirements to participate in ECE-WE, including the information that must be shared with staff once approved. Section 6 provides information about the Employer Health Tax as it relates to ECE-WE.
Reporting and Timelines
Section 7 describes the reporting requirements to receive payment. Timelines for submitting reports for CCOF Base Funding and CCFRI are in Section 7.1 (c), while timelines for ECE-WE reporting are in Section 7.2 (d).
If you have any questions about the Funding Agreement, please contact us.
It is important to read and understand the Funding Agreement in full before agreeing to the terms and conditions. Providers should also check that the facility name, licence, and service details in Schedule A of the Funding Agreement match their current Community Care and Assisted Living Act Facility Licence(s). If Schedule A is not accurate, contact us immediately.
Providers approved for CCOF Base Funding, CCFRI or ECE-WE must meet all obligations in the 2020/21 Funding Agreement on an ongoing basis. Below are the key next steps for each type of funding.
Once approved for CCOF Base Funding, providers are required to:
- Submit enrolment reports between the 15th of the month prior and the 15th of the following month. For example, submit enrolment reports for April between March 15th and May 15th.
- Contact us with any changes to license and service details, using the Change Notification Form, within two (2) business days.
Once approved for CCFRI, providers are required to:
- Calculate the fee reduction amount for each child using Schedule C of the Funding Agreement or call the Service Centre to request a Child Care Fee Reduction Calculator.
- Within 30 days, notify parents of the amount of fee reduction funding for their child and the amount and timing of any approved fee increases.
- Inform the applicable staff if the facility was approved to participate based on the intention and commitment to increase their wage(s).
Download the following optional support documents:
Once approved for ECE-WE providers are required to:
- Within 30 days, notify all eligible ECEs in writing of their participation.
- Before submitting a claim, use the document(s) below to collect written acknowledgement from all eligible ECEs confirming their knowledge, consent, and authorization for providers to collect and disclose to the Ministry their personal information and other information for the purposes of administering, planning, evaluating, and auditing the ECE-WE.
- Submit ECE-WE reports between the 1st and 15th of the following month. For example, submit ECE-WE reports for April between May 1st and May 15th.
Access the following support documents:
Frequently Asked Questions
After the Program Confirmation Form is submitted, providers may be contacted to make corrections or provide more information. Once the review and assessment are complete, providers will receive separate emails with the outcome of the application for CCOF Base Funding, and if applicable, CCFRI and ECE-WE.
Providers applying to participate in the CCFRI or ECE-WE are not required to reduce their parent fees or enhance staff wages until they are approved and receive payment. Any reduction in fees passed on to parents or wage enhancements passed on to staff prior to receiving approval and payment are at the provider’s own risk.
If the Program Confirmation Form has been submitted call the Service Center to report any changes.
After the terms and conditions of the Funding Agreement have been agreed to, providers must report any changes to their Facility licence and service details within two business days by completing the Change Notification Form. Depending on the changes, the Funding Agreement may need to be updated which could affect funding.