FFT Site Preparation Activity
This activity requires that a mapping standard, an overall standard (FS1001), and an activity-specific standard be followed. Where a Site Preparation Project requires Access considerations, additional standards identified on the access page will need to be entered into PINES.
- When a Danger Tree Assessment is required as part of a Site Preparation Project, additional standards identified in the FFT Danger Tree Assessment Activity will need to be entered into PINES.
- For Forestry Licence to Cut (FLTC) Projects see the Standards for FLTC Overstorey Removal
- For Innovative Timber Sale (ITSL) Projects see the Standards for FLTC Overstorey Removal
- General Standard (FS 1001) (PDF)
- Mapping Standards (Chapter 6 – Spatial Data Format) (PDF)
- Activity Specific Standard – Mechanical Site Preparation (PDF)
- Results Information Submission Specifications - Government Funded Silviculture Activities (PDF)
- Species and Ecosystems at Risk LBI Standard (applicable to various activities) (PDF)
- Land Based Investment First Nations Information Sharing Guidelines (PDF)
- LBI Information Sharing Matrix (PDF)
Other Related Information
- Silviculture Strategies
- An Assessment of Tree Condition and Worker Safety Concerns in Mountain Pine Beetle-killed and Fire-damaged Lodgepole Pine Stands in Central Interior British Columbia (PDF)
- Notes to the Field - An assessment of Tree Condition and Worker Safety Concerns in Mountain Pine Beetle-killed and Fire-damaged Stands (PDF)
- Clarification of Recipient Responsibilities for Silviculture Workers under Worksafe BC Legislation (PDF)
- Silviculture Guidelines and Practices for Maintaining or Recruiting Key Habitat Objectives (PDF)
- Strategies for Maintaining or Recruiting Habitat in Areas Affected by Mountain Pine Beetle and other Catastrophic Events (PDF)
- FRDA Fundamentals of Mechanical Site Preparation (PDF)
- FRDA Herbicide Handbook (006) (PDF)
If this activity occurs in a declared and known area that impacts a species or ecosystem at risk, an identified wildlife species, or a regionally important species, the applicant must indicate in their PINES submission the specific species/ecosystem and have available, on request, the location of recovery plans and/or other documents that detail the protective measures to be taken.
- For further information on species and ecosystems at risk, see the MOE Endangered Species and Ecosystems page
- For further information on identified wildlife, see the Identified Wildlife Management Strategy page
Useful Forms and Templates
By downloading these documents you have waived the Ministry/Province from any liability and save harmless the Ministry/Province from the use of the these contract documents.
- FFT Site Preparation Services Contract 2009 (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Schedule A 2009 (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Schedule B 2009 (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Schedule C 2009 (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Schedule D Insurance 2009 (DOC)