Over Storey Removal for Innovative Timber Sale License (ITSL)
This activity requires that a mapping standard and an activity-specific memorandum of understanding be followed.
In order to utilize low quality stands for development and auction, BC Timber Sales (BCTS) has created the Innovative Timber Sale Licence (ITSL) Initiative. However, when rehabilitation costs are included, some opportunities under this program will be uneconomical. In order to utilize these otherwise uneconomical stands, BCTS has partnered with the Forests for Tomorrow (FFT) program to collaborate in the use of ITSLs in conjunction with FFT forest rehabilitation activities.
For Forestry License to Cut (FLTC) Projects see the Standards for FLTC Overstorey Removal.
- Memorandum of Understanding between FFT and BCTS (PDF)
- 2015-06-16 - FFT - MOU - Guidance Process Map - NEW
- 2015-06-16 - FFT - MOU - Guidance Process Table - NEW
- BCTS-FFT Stand Eligibility Policy 2014
- RESULTS Information Submission Specifications: Government Funded Activities - To avoid the link going to an older version please visit RESULTS Business and Policy Documentation and click on the latest version under RESULTS Business and Policy Documentation.
- Mapping Standards (Chapter 6 – Spatial Data Format) (PDF)
Advertising Protocol for FFT Harvest Opportunities
In order to ensure that FFT harvest opportunities are advertised to attract as many qualified harvesting contractors as possible, the procedures in the document below must be followed.
Other Related Information
If this activity occurs in a declared and known area that impacts a species or ecosystem at risk, an identified wildlife species, or a regionally important species, the applicant must indicate in their PINES submission the specific species/ecosystem and have available, on request, the location of recovery plans and/or other documents that detail the protective measures to be taken.
- For further information on species and ecosystems at risk, see the MOE Endangered Species and Ecosystems page
- For further information on identified wildlife, see the Identified Wildlife Management Strategy page
Useful Forms and Templates
By downloading these documents you have waived the Ministry/Province from any liability and save harmless the Ministry/Province from the use of the these contract documents.
Innovative Timber Sale License – Reforestation Obligation Agreement
- FFT ITSL note to file (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Services Contract 2009 (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Schedule A 2009 (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Schedule B 2009 (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Schedule C 2009 (DOC)
- FFT Site Preparation Schedule D Insurance 2009 (DOC)