Provincial Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory
In 2016, British Columbia's greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions were 61.3 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (Mt CO2e), including 1.0 Mt CO2e in offsets from forest management projects. GHG emissions are down 3.7% from 63.6 Mt CO2e in 2007, our baseline year.
B.C.'s Provincial Inventory covers all of the emissions included in the province’s GHG targets. It also includes emissions from changes in land use and forest management for information purposes only.
The Climate Action Secretariat prepares the Provincial Inventory and publishes the tables annually, with a two-year delay to allow time to assemble the information. The 2016 Provincial Inventory (XLSX, 94 KB) was published in fall 2018.
Key Data and Reports
- 2016 Provincial Inventory (XLSX, 94 KB)
- Provincial Inventory frequently asked questions
- Provincial Inventory Methodology Book (PDF, 711 KB)
- Provincial Inventory Method Changes and Exceptions Table (PDF, 493 KB)
- B.C. utilities energy data at the community level (XLSX, 911 KB)
- B.C. landfill waste data at the community level (XLSX, 116 KB)