Complaints of Contraventions of This Regulation - Regulation Part 8, Section 47
This section explains which sections of this Regulation can be the subject of a complaint.
47. A contravention of section 6, 14, 18 (2), 21, 22, 23 or 35 (2) of this regulation may be the subject of a complaint under section 74 of the Act.
Note: ss.21 and 23 of this Regulation have been repealed and are no longer in effect.
This section identifies the sections of the Regulation under which any person may make a complaint under s.74 of the Act. The provisions are:
Section 6. Duties of farm labour contractors
Section 14. Maximum room and board rates for domestics
Section 18(2) Farm labour contractors – display of notice
Section 21. Repealed
Section 22. Rest periods for residential care workers
Section 23. Repealed
Section 35(2) Resident caretakers – display of notice of hours of work
When a complaint is made under s.74 of the Act, the Director must proceed with a review under s.76 of the Act.
Where it is found that there has been a contravention of a section of this Regulation, a determination may be issued under s.79 of the Act. When a determination is issued under s.79 an escalating monetary penalty will apply, subject to s.98 of the Act and s.29 of the Regulation.
Refer to s.74 of the Act for information on complaint filing time limits.
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.1, Definition, “determination”
- s.74, Complaint and time limit
- s.76, Investigations
- s.79, Determinations and consequences
- s.98, Monetary penalties
- s.6, Duties of farm labour contractors
- s.14, Maximum room and board rates for domestics
- s.18(2), Farm labour contractors – display of notice
- s.22, Rest periods for residential care workers
- s.35(2), Resident caretakers – display of notice of hours of work