Apply To Be An Intern
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking to work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, Indigenous applicants can connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor.
To apply, you must:
- Be Indigenous (First Nations status or non-status, Métis, Inuit)
- Be 29 years of age or under as of Sept 1, 2021
• Currently reside in British Columbia
• Have a Grade 12 graduation as of March 2021, or equivalent with some post-secondary education, or equivalent with a combination of work, life, community, education and/or experience as noted below
• Demonstrate leadership potential, either through work, community, or volunteer experience; for example:
o Youth representative on a youth council
o Community governance
o Organizing your community’s participation in large events/gatherings
o Coordinating cultural events
o Board member for an organization
- March 2021: Applications are received
- June/July 2021: Shortlisted applicants are interviewed
- July/August 2021: Applicants are notified
- Sept 8, 2021: First day of internship
- Sept 8 – 11, 2021: Orientation Week
The program is receiving applications. You're required to submit your:
- Application form
- Cover letter
- Two completed reference forms are required to be considered for the program. Reference forms must be completed by members of the Indigenous community holding roles such as supervisors, teachers, instructors or professors, coaches, or leaders, such as Chiefs, Councillors, Elders, Youth Council Representatives, etc.
Applications from previous years aren't kept on file—you must submit a new application each year that you apply.