How to Create a Hiring Request
Before you begin, gather all of the information you need to begin your hiring request, including a position number and job profile or job description. If you do not have an up-to-date job profile, please visit the Job Store for one-stop access to pre-written and pre-approved generic job profiles. If you require assistance obtaining a position number or need help customizing an existing job profile, please submit an AskMyHR service request.
Watch the video to learn how to create a hiring request:
To submit a Hiring Request, follow these steps:
- Click on Post A Job
- From the drop-down menu, choose the best option for your hiring needs
- Enter your contact information and a secondary contact name if available
- Enter the position details in the corresponding fields. At this stage, the position number or Job Store number is needed. If you do not have a position number, please visit the Job Store for one-stop access to pre-approved job profiles or submit an AskMyHR service request.
Position numbers may also be available on your Ministry’s organization charts
- Use the additional comments box to record any special information (for example, a posting longer than two weeks, an update to the position location, multiple locations)
- Attach the job profile or job description in addition to any other documents you have (, draft posting or questionnaire). If you do not have an up-to-date job profile, please visit the Job Store for one-stop access to pre-written and pre-approved job profiles
- Submit your hiring request. If you have missed any of the required information, you will be prompted to go back and complete it
You will automatically receive an email with your ticket number, which confirms that your submission was successful. Record your ticket number as you will need it to manage your competition
Hiring Services will contact you to discuss the next steps in your hiring request. If you need to update your request, go to your AskMyHR service history to update your existing request.
Unless otherwise indicated, your position will be posted for two weeks.
Posting Multiple Vacancies
If you are posting multiple vacancies for the same classification, you only need to submit one hiring request. Additional fields to enter multiple position numbers will automatically appear on the form when you enter the number of vacancies you are looking to fill.
If you are posting multiple positions where the screening criteria are not the same, you will need to create separate requests for each posting.
Manage Your Competition
Once your vacancy is posted, you can use the Recruitment Management System (RMS) to monitor interest in your posting and review and print resumes.
See Recruitment Management System Tips for information about how to use the recruitment system.
Position Screening Designation
A position's responsibilities determine whether security screening is required. Complete a Position Screening Designation (DOCX, 96KB) to establish the security screening requirements for a new position or an existing position where the duties have changed.