Recruitment Management System tips
Last updated: May 10, 2018
The Recruitment Management System (RMS) is used by BC Public Service hiring managers to post jobs, manage job competitions and send notifications to applicants (for example, job offers, regret letters).
On this page
- RMS basics
- Video tutorials
- Closing report (summary of applicants)
- Manage your competition
- Approving an offer
To create a job posting, submit a hiring request with your up-to-date position information and current job profile. Based on the hiring service you requested, someone from the BC Public Service Agency will contact you.
Once your vacancy is posted, you will be able to view your requisition in the RMS. You can see the job posting, the number of people who have viewed the job and the job applications submitted. You can print and share applicant information with your panel members. Your recruiter will work with you to manage your competition in the RMS.
Learn more about using the RMS: Hiring Manager Recruitment Management System Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 442KB).
Hiring operations will send you a competition closing report listing all your applicants.
If you're using an online questionnaire, the results will be sent to you at the same time.
When you're a hiring manager you'll have a navigation pane on your RMS dashboard (main page) with the following sub-menus:
- Recruiting – Used to view your requisitions, applicants and offers. Throughout your competition, communicate the outcomes of your assessments to your recruiter using your hiring request MyHR ticket
- Career Center – Used for your own account profile and job applications
- MyHR – Used to quickly access MyHR resources.
Job offers are approved in the RMS.
Prior to approving an offer letter, always review the letter for accuracy.
An email with a link to the offer letter is sent to your successful candidate(s) and regret notification emails are sent to unsuccessful applicants.
Your successful candidate can use the link to view and accept the offer in the RMS.
For information on offers, the review period, providing feedback and security screening, review Extend an offer.
- Manage my hiring competitions (IDIR restricted)
- Hiring Manager Recruitment Management System Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 442KB)
- Job store (IDIR restricted)
- How to post a job