Some employees are required to wear clothing specific to their job duties. In these situations, uniforms, protective clothing and equipment are supplied, or employees are reimbursed for purchasing the items themselves. Each bargaining unit has specific provisions.
Regular PEA and BCGEU Environmental, Technical and Operational employees required to wear safety footwear will be reimbursed for receipts that show payment for
- Safety-toe footwear (up to $136.50 once every two years)
- Caulk boots (up to $189.85 once every two years)
BCGEU Retail Stores and Warehouse employees required to wear safety-toed footwear will be reimbursed every two years with receipts:
- Regular employees and auxiliaries who have worked 1,827 hours in a 15-month period will be reimbursed up to $136.80
- Auxiliary employees who have worked in excess of 210 hours will be reimbursed up to $68.40
Admin Component and Social, Information, Health Component employees required to wear safety-toed footwear will be reimbursed every two years with receipts:
- Safety-toe footwear (up to $136.80)
Reimbursement may be received only once every two calendar years. Employees are not eligible to receive a claim until they have gone one full calendar year without being reimbursed. Boot allowances are inclusive of taxes.
- If you received reimbursement for safety footwear in 2015, you must wait one calendar year before being eligible to submit a new claim for reimbursement. The earliest date you can apply for reimbursement for new safety footwear is Jan 1, 2017