Provincial Employees Community Services Fund Charities
View the list of current charities in each region.
Through PECSF, employees can donate to charities located anywhere, as long the charity is registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Employees can also contribute to the Fund Supported Pool. This is for charities active in local communities that may be affiliated with provincial or national charities. Fundraising, promotion and distribution are all done locally and all funds raised stay in the region.
Fund Supported Pool Priorities
Preference is given to organizations with a project, program or service that:
Aligns with organization’s mission and mandate, has 2 years of success
Has staff expertise and involves volunteers
Positively impacts 20+ people
Adds regional value and is innovative
Aids other organizations in region through its outcomes
Include specific performance measures and targets for 3 years
Requests less than 40% of total budget and is sustainable past 2022
To be eligible for funding, an organization must
- Have a valid Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) registration number
- Be compliant with BC Societies Act requirements (if applicable)
- Be compliant with PECSF reporting requirements from past funding cycles
- Have been CRA registered and operational for at least three years
- Apply less than 20 percent of organizational budget to administrative costs
- Be free of deficits or large debts
- Have funding partners in addition to PECSF that are committed to the project, program or service
- Have sufficient, existing funds to implement and operate approved program until PECSF's first disbursement of funds (cheques are issued twice a year, in August and March)
Applications will be declined if the PECSF application template is not used and/or if PECSF is the sole source of funding.
Funding will not be granted for any of the following purposes:
- Deficit reduction
- Political activities
- Direct religious activities
- Operational or administrative costs that are more than 20 percent of the overall budget shown in the organizations most recent financial statements (audited if possible)
- Capital costs
Fund Supported charities have annual reporting requirements. Consider your organization's capacity before applying. Although the annual reports are not onerous, they are mandatory.
If you fail to provide the required information by the May 31 deadline, funding for the remainder of the funding cycle and potentially for future funding cycles will be affected. For more information on funding cycle requirements, visit How to Apply.
Applications will be declined if the PECSF template is not used and/or if PECSF is the sole source of funding.