Apply for Provincial Employees Community Services Fund funding
Types of funding
There are 2 PECSF funding routes:
- Donor choice
- Fund supported
The 2023 to 2025 funding application period has now closed. Approval and regret letters will be sent in July 2023.
The next intake for fund supported pool application will commence in Spring 2026.
- Through PECSF, employees can donate to charities located anywhere as long the charity is registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Monies are disbursed directly to the charity twice a year in August and March
- A fund supported charity is a pool of locally screened charitable organizations
- You must apply to be a fund supported charity
- The application evaluation measures have been approved by the PECSF board of directors
- If there's an active volunteer committee in a region, the members evaluate applications by combining the approved measures with their own community knowledge
- Funding is for 3 years and the charity must commit to the full granting process
The 2023-2025 Funding Application period is now closed.
- In regions with no active volunteer committee, the list of charities is simply those supported the previous year by employees in that region.
- Every three years, regional employees have the option of choosing to form a committee to partner with PECSF to establish a Fund Supported Pool. Next opportunity Spring 2026.
- Volunteer opportunities are available
Learn more about volunteer committees.
- The PECSF office first pre-screens applications to see if organizations are eligible for funding
- If you apply, you may be contacted to provide extra information
- PECSF may request an interview for larger grant requests or organizations new to PECSF
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
- PECSF regional volunteer committees review eligible applications
- They assess community need, potential impact, PECSF's available funds and the organization's ability to meet the objectives of their program
Review PECSF funding guidelines and the application notes
Contact the PECSF office with questions
Use the PECSF application template and complete all sections of the funding application
Information for Section 2: Organization Structure can be provided as a separate attachment
Email completed applications and financial statements to the PECSF office
Write clearly and concisely using point form, where appropriate
Requests will be declined if the PECSF application template is not used and/or if PECSF is the sole source of funding
Applications must not exceed 10 pages, including Section 2: Organization Structure
A copy of your organization's most recent approved financial statements must be provided with your completed application, but is excluded from the 10-page limit
Save a copy of your application for your records
Funding application timeline
- 2023 funding application templates are posted to the PECSF website in spring 2023
- Application deadline: May 31, 2023
- Committee review period: June
- Approval and regret letters: end of July
PECSF receives more requests for funding than is available.
Learn about other options through the Victoria Foundation.
Use the Grant Writing Handbook (The Victoria Foundation) as a resource.
Next steps for approved charities
- PECSF disburses semi-annual cheques for the approved charities project or service throughout the 3-year funding cycle
- Charities are required to submit Annual Progress Reports and financial documentation by May 31 for each year of the 3-year funding cycle
- A final close-out report is due at the end of the cycle
- If you fail to provide the required information, your funding for the rest of the funding cycle will be jeopardized
- Reporting on progress to date, including activities, successes and challenges makes you accountable to donors, community supporters and the Canada Revenue Agency