Adopt a Highway
The Adopt a Highway program offers organizations and volunteer groups the opportunity to contribute to their community and province. Groups "adopt" a section of provincial highway to carry out or sponsor activities such as landscape beautification, litter pickup and identifying and reporting invasive plant species.
- View the Adopt a Highway program brochure (PDF)
- Read the Adopt a Highway program outline (PDF)
- View road sections available for adoption
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete and submit the Adopt a Highway application (PDF).
- Review the insurance specifications (PDF) and follow up as appropriate.
- The Adopt a Highway coordinator will assign a highway section and provide contact information for the district office.
- Submit an Adopt a Highway Volunteer Waiver and Acknowledgement of Risk form (PDF) for each volunteer.
- Request training on how to spot and report invasive plants through your regional invasive species committee.
Safety is paramount – and ensures a successful program for all involved.