Update your property tax account information

Last updated on December 13, 2023

If your address, name or the owners of your property change, you’re responsible for updating your municipality, the province and other offices.

Find out how to update your property tax information:

Misdirected statements and notices may result in late payment penalties and interest charges. Keep your account information current so you receive important documents, such as your:

  • Annual property tax notice
  • Property assessment notice
  • Property account statements

Change your property tax address

When your address changes, you need to update your address with your municipality or the province if your property is in a rural area. Other offices you should notify are:

Rural area properties

To make an address change with the Rural Property Tax office, you must contact The Land Title and Survey Authority office and BC Assessment.

The Land Title Survey Authority office holds all legal information for a property. They must have your correct mailing address so that they can reach you.

We receive weekly updates from BC Assessment, which include change of address information. BC Assessment does not update us between November 30 and early January. During this period, they ensure that all data is up-to-date for the new tax year. If you submit an address change to BC Assessment during this time, we may not receive that information until they resume their weekly updates with us.

To change your mailing or civic address:

If you have not received your tax notice, contact our office at 1-888-355-2700 or 250-387-0555 and we can issue the property tax notice to an updated mailing address. You can also access your eTaxBC account online to view the correspondence issued from our office.

You can also update your address for ICBC and Medical Services Plan. This will help if you're applying for the Home Owner Grant on the property.

Temporary address changes

We can only record one address for each registered owner at a time. If you have a temporary address, you need to change your address again once the address change occurs. All statements and tax notices are mailed to the last-known address.

Change your tax deferment address

If you have deferred your property taxes and have an open account, you can change your tax deferment address by phone:

Change your property title

You're responsible for making sure your property ownership records are correct. This is important as property assessments and property tax notices are sent to the last-known address of the owner(s) on record.

Registered properties

You can make ownership changes to the land title for your property through the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia, such as:

Manufactured homes

You can make ownership changes to your manufactured home by contacting the Manufactured Home Registry.

Crown land

You can make tenure changes to leased crown land by contacting the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations.

Change your name

Owners are responsible for ensuring property ownership records are correct. If you have changed your name, or if the name on your tax notice is spelled incorrectly, please contact:

eTaxBC rural online services

Once you receive your tax notice with your enrolment code, you can enrol for access to eTaxBC and create an account to:

  • Pay your annual rural property taxes
  • Claim your annual rural home owner grant
  • Update your address and contact information
  • Review your account details


Learn how to use eTaxBC.