Provincial emergency plans
Multi-agency emergency plans are an important part of ensuring B.C. is prepared for an emergency or disaster.
These plans are reviewed and updated regularly to ensure a strategy is in place to address future emergencies and disasters. Multi-agency plans foster co-operation among many organizations across the province with a strong focus on public safety, infrastructure protection, and disaster recovery.
B.C. emergency management system
British Columbia Emergency Management System (PDF, 2.6 MB) is recognized as a standard system for emergency response, and is currently required for use within B.C. Government, and recommended as a best practice for all emergency management partners in B.C.
B.C. emergency operations centre guidelines
The Operations Centre Guideline (PDF, 2.3 MB) is a set of standards for members of an Emergency Operations Centre in the event of a major emergency or disaster.
B.C. earthquake immediate response plan
The B.C. Earthquake Immediate Response Plan (PDF, 4 MB) is a provincial earthquake plan that details the initial actions of Emergency Management B.C. following a catastrophic earthquake.
Comprehensive emergency management plan
The Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan is Emergency Management B.C.’s framework that outlines the provincial operations used in the event of an emergency or disaster.
The Hazard Specific Annexes speak to the provincial response and coordination of common hazards.
- B.C. Earthquake Immediate Response Plan (PDF, 4 MB)
- Provincial Flood Emergency Plan (PDF, 811 KB)
- Flood Waste and Debris Removal Plan (PDF, 502 KB)
- Pandemic Provincial Coordination Plan (PDF, 795 KB)
- Tsunami Notification Process Plan (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Provincial Coordination Plan for Wildland Urban Interface Fires (PDF, 1.9 MB)
Other emergency plans
The following are emergency plans that are developed or maintained by other ministries or agencies.
- Agriculture Emergency Planning
- B.C. Coroners Service Mass Fatality Response Plan (PDF)
- B.C. Drought Response Plan (PDF)
- B.C. Wildfire Service
- Dam Safety Program
- Disaster Response Routes
- Emergency Management Planning Guide for Schools, Districts and Authorities
- Federal Emergency Response Plan
- Foreign Animal Disease Emergency Support Plan for B.C.
- Spills and Environmental Emergencies