Grants from Civil Forfeiture Proceeds
November 9, 2017 – Grant submissions invited to help make communities safer (see News Release – November 9, 2017)
The 2017/2018 Civil Forfeiture Crime Prevention and Remediation Grant program is now accepting applications.
The Application Guide will provide you with an overview of the application process, stream criteria and key deadlines. Please review the guide carefully before applying.
Application forms for this year’s streams are available at the links below:
- Crime Reduction and Community Safety
- Indigenous Healing and Rebuilding
- Serving Victims Through Restorative Justice: Building Program Capacity
- Addressing Violence Against Women: Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Human Trafficking, Sexual Exploitation and Vulnerable Women in the Sex Trade
- Child and Youth Advocacy Centres
- Enhancing Domestic Violence Units
All applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 15, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Please see the Application Guide for more information.
Please note: Applications for grants related to police training and equipment are handled by the Civil Forfeiture Office only. For more information, please contact CivilFO@gov.bc.ca.
The Civil Forfeiture Crime Prevention and Remediation Grants provide one-time funding to crime prevention projects that align with funding streams chosen on an annual basis. Organizations are welcome to apply for a specific grant stream (or streams) during the annual call for grant applications, which usually happens in the fall.
Please note that applications are only accepted during a call for applications.