Going to court to settle separation and divorce issues is necessary for some couples, but not for most.
Most separating and divorcing couples can solve their problems by working together to agree about parenting arrangements, support and property division, without going to court.
Solving your family law dispute through agreement:
- Gives you the tools to solve your own problems
- Allows for more creative and flexible arrangements that suit your circumstances
- Helps you and your spouse work together, which is particularly important if you have children
- Gives you and your spouse control over the solutions since agreements tend to last longer than court orders and families are often happier with the results
- Is often cheaper, quicker and involves less conflict than going to court