Do I need an agreement or order setting out guardianship or parenting arrangements?

There are formal dispute resolution processes such as mediation, parenting co-ordination and collaborative family law to help you reach agreement.

You can also reach agreement through informal dispute resolution, such as negotiation between your lawyers.

There are also professionals such as divorce coaches and child specialists (who are often psychologists or counsellors), who can help sort through your family issues so you can reach an agreement.

For more information, see Who Can Help You Reach an Agreement? on Legal Aid BC's Family Law in BC website.