Helping yourself – Justice Access Centres

Last updated on September 29, 2022

At the justice access centres, we know you may be able to solve your own problems and issues with easy access to the right information. Everyone is welcome to ask us for information and to use our self-help resource room. Here, you can do it yourself or take advantage of one-on-one help from our staff, who can show you how to use the resources, such as booklets, videos and websites. If we don’t have the materials you need, we will refer you to resources outside of the centre that can help you.

We're here to help you with family and civil law issues, including:

  • Separation and divorce
  • Guardianship, parenting arrangements or contact with a child/youth when there is a separation or divorce
  • Child and spousal support
  • Parenting after separation issues
  • Family Law Act protection orders for prevention of family violence
  • Simple probate
  • Requesting a review of decisions of the Residential Tenancy Branch and various tribunals
  • Appeals to the Supreme Court
  • General Supreme Court information

The centres do not deal with criminal issues, small claims court forms and filings and some other specific legal solutions.