Community Wildfire Fuel Reduction Licence to Cut
A forest licence to cut may be issued for fuel management in around communities and infrastructure in accordance with community fuel management procedures.
A forest licence to cut authorization in conjunction with a special use permit or occupancy licence to cut may be issued to authorize the cutting, damaging, destroying and/or removing of Crown timber to reduce the risk of wildfire fuel in and around a community.
- Licence to Cut Regulation, section 1 – Protecting communities from wildfire
- Forest and Range Practices Act, section 52 – Unauthorized timber harvesting
Policy & Procedures
- Community Fuel Management Procedures (DOC)
- Process to Determine Authority to Cut / Remove Timber for Fuel Reduction (PDF)
- Fuel Management Proposal (PDF)
- Forest and Range Practices Act - Section 52 Policy (PDF)
Licence to Cut Templates
Contact us for current licence to cut templates.