BC Timber Sales - Seedling Services
Every year, BC Timber Sales (BCTS) Seedling Services coordinates the production, distribution and storage of over 90 million seedlings. These are used for all B.C. government-funded reforestation programs through cost effective and competitively awarded contracts.
- Manages the inventory of BCTS seed and government-funded production, distribution and storage of seedlings
- Provides advice and guidance regarding seedlings and reforestation practices
Selecting the right seedling
Seedlings and reforestation practices advice and guidance.
- Standards for Selection and Transfer of Tree Seed
- Interior Stock Type Selection Guide (PDF, 121KB)
- Interior Stock Type Selection Guide Summer - (PDF, 104KB)
- Coastal Stock Type Selection Guide (PDF, 106KB)
Seed and seedling prices
British Columbia’s forests and tree species are diverse. Understanding genetic diversity and producing tree seed selected for faster growth, pest resistance, and better wood quality will benefit future timber supply, without the need for genetic engineering.