Crown land use application
Crown land is available for a wide range of purposes to provide opportunities for sustainable economic development. Applications for land tenures should be made to the FrontCounter BC office nearest you. Applications may be submitted for a variety of uses.
On this page:
Under Section 10.1 of the Land Act the Minister may specify that applications for a variety of reasons as listed in each Ministerial Order will not be accepted.
If your application is located adjacent to a water body, an Upland Owner Consent Letter (PDF, 332KB) may also be required.
If you have authorized another party to act for you in the processing of your application, you must submit a signed Letter of Agency (PDF, 74KB).
- Crown Land Uses
- Crown Land Policies
- Crown Land Procedures
- Fees: Application, Refunds, Miscellaneous
- Rural Property Tax (Ministry of Finance)
- Property Transfer Tax (Ministry of Finance)
- Land Title and Survey Authority
- BC OnLine (Access to land title and survey records in B.C.)
- BC Assessment
- Riparian Rights and Public Foreshore Use in the Administration of Aquatic Crown Land *Under review. Please contact Land Tenures Branch for further information
- Private Moorage - Marine Q's and A's
- Problem Vessels and Structures
- Proposal for a Notation of Interest Application for a Trapline Cabin (PDF, 53KB)
- Land Use Planning and Objectives
- Guidance for Incorporating Climate Change into Land Act Authorizations