Crown land use application

Last updated on November 14, 2023

Crown land is available for a wide range of purposes to provide opportunities for sustainable economic development. Applications for land tenures should be made to the FrontCounter BC office nearest you. Applications may be submitted for a variety of uses.

On this page

Crown land closures

Under Section 10.1 of the Land Act the Minister may specify that applications for a variety of reasons as listed in each Ministerial Order will not be accepted. Permission to use Crown land without a specific authorization may also be limited or rescinded to exclude certain activities, locations, or individuals.

Virtual FrontCounter BC

If your application is located adjacent to a water body, an Upland Owner Consent Letter (PDF, 332KB) may also be required.

If you have authorized another party to act for you in the processing of your application, you must submit a signed Letter of Agency (PDF, 74KB).

Related information:

Contact information

Toll Free
Outside North America Phone