What is expected from the hired equipment owner/operator?
- Ensure your equipment is registered and verify your equipment regularly.
- When registering, provide the Hired Equipment Clerk with:
- Ensure ministry Hired Equipment Clerks are aware of equipment changes and updates.
- Respond promptly to confirm availability to work if contacted by the ministry. Response time is limited, and we will move on to the next owner on the call-out list if we do not hear back in a timely manner.
- Ensure rental agreements are signed and returned in a timely manner for processing.
- Provide materials to calculate rates if necessary.
- Blue Book Equipment Rental Guide
- Dump Trucks must provide tare slips from a provincial weigh scale (or Ministry approved private scale) and front axle capacity from the vehicle manufacturer.
- Ensure time cards have been signed.
- Invoice the ministry for work completed. (Mail, email or drop off your invoice).