Production Insurance - Flower Bulbs
Production insurance helps producers manage the risk of crop losses caused by hail, spring frost, excessive rain, flooding, drought, etc.
Flower bulb crops eligible for purchase of Production Insurance coverage include:
How to apply for flower bulb coverage
To apply, please make an appointment with a Production Insurance representative.
Review the following forms to prepare the application. These forms don't need to be filled out prior to the appointment and can be completed with the assistance of a representative.
- Application for Continuous Production Insurance (Schedule A)—available from the Production Insurance office
- Tax Reporting Form (Schedule A-1) (PDF)
- Land Inventory (Schedule L-1). If the land is leased or rented, a legal lease or rental agreement must be submitted with the application. (PDF)
- Farm Map(s) (Schedule L-2) (PDF)
- Flower Bulb Field Inventory (Schedule F-9) (PDF)
- Flower Bulb Additional Warranties (Schedule W-4) (PDF)
- File a Notice of Loss (PDF)
* The application and payment deadline is October 31.
Renewing Production Insurance
It's recommended you contact a Production Insurance representative when it's time to renew.
Coverage, options and premiums
After the offer is written, we'll send an Offer Statement of Premiums and Coverage (SPC), and an Options Report which details available coverage, options and premiums. Contact us if you require any assistance in choosing coverage, options and premiums.
- The 20% deductible (minimum) is the lowest amount of coverage available and means 20% of flower bulbs must be lost before there is a claim paid.
- The 10% deductible protects a larger portion of flower bulbs.
Once you have chosen the deductible (10% or 20%), you may elect to increase the value you are insuring the flower bulbs for from 80% to 100% of the (calculated) value. The 100% (calculated) value increases the amount flower bulbs are insured for.
Flower bulb policy wording
- Flower bulb policy wording (PDF, 1.9 MB)
How to pay for flower bulb coverage
Once you have chosen coverage, options and premiums please sign and submit the Offer Statement of Premiums and Coverage and Options Report(s) and payment. Pay using Debit, Visa, MasterCard, cash or cheque payable to the Minister of Finance. Credit card payments are accepted over the phone.
* For the most up-to-date and accurate information read the policy wording for the continuous specified perils Production Insurance contract for each crop.